Particleworks - meshfree liquid flow simulation software
Meshfree liquid flow simulation software
Particleworks is a CAE software for the simulation of liquid flows based on the Moving Particle Simulation method (MPS).
The MPS solves the Navier-Stokes equations with a deterministic Lagrangian Method.
In Particleworks the fluid is discretized by particles and there is no need for a computational grid. The meshless nature and the intuitive interfaces make the simulation process simple and fast, even for complex geometries with moving parts.
Particleworks is widely used in different industrial sectors, from automotive and aerospace to consumer goods, from power generation to the Food & Beverage industry.
The Particleworks development is industry-driven and benefits from the strict collaboration between industry, the software development team at Prometech Software and Prof . Seiichi Koshizuka of the University of Tokyo, inventor of the MPS method.
CAD based, No Meshing Needed
Particleworks reads the solid parts of your CAD, there is no need to extract the fluid volume or to build a computational grid.
Particles discretize the fluid, while the wall boundary conditions are defined by so called “distance functions” and do not need the usage of “wall particles”.
Main Industrial Applications of Particleworks
- Oil splasing and forced lubrication of transmissions – mechanical and electrical
- Bearings – oil and grease lubrication.
- Engine lubrication, gradeability analysis, oil separation in breather chambers.
- Oil sump aeration.
- Piston cooling and E-motors cooling: thanks to the heat transfer capability, Particleworks can predict oil temperature, piston and windings temperature for IC engines and running-wet e-drives.
- Interaction between vehicles and water, mud, snow – wading, soiling and contamination analysis including the aerodynamic effects.
- Water turbine for torque and power prediction.
- Highly viscous flows – detergents, food, cement, glue, etc.
- Liquid and liquid-gas flow
- Heat Transfer, Heat Conduction in solids and Conjugate
- Heat Transfer Heat Transfer Coefficient calculation and export
- Internal air flow solver
- Intuitive interface, pre-solution-post in one GUI
- Easy handling and moving parts with 6 degrees of freedom
- Automatic Simulation process and pre-post via Python scripting
- Automatic output of forces and torque (e.g. churning losses)
- Multi-core and multi-GPU calculation
- Powerful flow visualization
- Mapping of pressure and HTC on walls for FEA analysis
- Coupling to Multi-Body and FEA solvers
- Coupling between fluid and solid granular flow (MPS + DEM)
- One of the most promising and growing sector.
- Strictly linked to transmission - e-axles.
- Particleworks main advantage: heat transfer capabilities have been validated and proved to be superior.
- Voith Paper applications: fluid oscillator, mixing, separation.
- Household appliances: washing processes.
- Chemical applications: mixing, kneading, shear heating, non newtonian free surface flows.
- Thrust block is a part which transfers forces from propeller to the ship through the shaft. It uses hydrodynamic vertical bearings. If it is not feed correctly, fire could occur.
- The benefits of Particleworks: Explain the lube phenomena, Reduce development time, Reduce very expensive sea tests.